Monday, October 27, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

We went to the Pumpkin Patch today and Maya had a ball! First, we paid $4 to enter a small area with lots of Dora cut-outs and some marigolds. If Maya had been just 6 months older, it would have cost $8. Somewhat of a rip-off, methinks (though, to be fair, the lady at the ticket counter did warn me, but Maya likes Dora so what can you do?)







She then went for a ride on the up and down horses - this one was definitely a hit!



She enjoyed the hayride too!



Next came the Storybook Path and Bootsie the Bee - both simple paths through a corn field, but with some nice little displays along the way.





And finally we got to pick out some pumpkins to take home.





"This is the one I want - I'll put it in the wheelbarrow, Mummy!"



"Ok, so it's a tad heavy. Maybe you could help a girl out?"



"I'll just push the wheelbarrow then, shall I? Ummm.... actually, this is a tad heavy too. I think I'll leave that one to you as well, if you don't mind."



"How about I just sit IN the wheelbarrow and you can push me? Great stuff - glad I could help, Mummy"



Now all we have to do is carve the blessed things!

Also, another plug for Cath's Daisybows - Maya's wearing my favourite one in the pictures :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sitting in class looking at this and smiling :)

AprilF said...

Maya can sure pick out a good pumpkin! Gorgeous as always!

The Harmons said...

She's so cute. Looks like you had a great day.

TASS said...

The pictures are beautiful. I never got around to posting the great pumpkin search and the comments are just absolutely delightful!