Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ano Nuevo and strawberry picking

The day after my birthday was Memorial Day so S had an extra day off, which we put to great use! We drove to Ano Nuevo to see the Elephant Seals, not realising that we would have to walk 3 miles to see them! Maya coped admirably well - she spent some of the time on Mummy or Daddy's shoulders but did the majority of the 3 miles on her own two feet. She did need a lot of encouragement towards the end though - "I think I've walked a lot and I think I'm very tired now..."

The long walk was well worth it, though! The scenery is lovely and it was very cool to see the seals.
































On the way back to the car, Maya got into the long grass and pretended to be a monkey!





And then we went strawberry picking! Another new experience for Maya and one which she thoroughly enjoyed. The strawberries were completely delicious, very cheap AND organic! I just wish the farm were close enough for us to go there every week to get more. We could have wished for it to be a bit warmer and less windy, but you can't have everything!















No comments: